CLICK AN IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Friday, April 29, 2011

Client Questions - 4/29/2011

"Also, a style question what do you think of putting sconces on the bookcases in the family room for the window seat.. does it complete the look or is it a place to save money?" I am a big fan of sconces. I think we can get the cabinets to accept electrical boxes. I suppose if you didn't have them you would save a little money.

"One other thought about the deck-- do you think it is possible to make it all one level or do you like it as two?" We looked at the deck today and thought that it would make a nicer car port if it was all one level. Having it step down makes the usable space considerably smaller.

"I would love to start talking about cabinetry and the color of it. I have been playing around with the Benjamin Moore color wheel!" Once we get the rock and plaster done we will have a meeting with the cabinet guys and nail down all of this stuff. They need the plaster in in order to do any accurate measuring.

Also, I would love to add the sound system you mentioned that was $1k to our house as well... the project is certainly growing!" Sonos is the system. Unfortunately the $1,000.00 offer was an introductory price. Will you be adding any surround sound for the TV? It is a nice add on feature for that. What rooms would you be thinking of adding it to?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peter,

    1. Let's leave the sconces on the wall looking at the fire pit. As long as we can do it electrically, I think it looks nice.

    2. I agree about the car port and I like one level better anyway!

    3. I had not thought about surround sound for the TV but it would be nice! It will depend on the price I think. We were thinking of having sound in the kitchen, family room, Living room, bar and library... it would be great to be on the porch as well but we can bring a stereo out if that is super expensive.


    Thanks Peter!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete